Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What are you waiting for?

It is hard to believe that this time last year I had begun to consider nursing school. Next week I am beginning my last prerequisite at Trident and will be starting school in August. I cannot believe that I am actually doing this! I think back over the past year the fear, frustration, doubt, excuses and realize that all of that was on th ourney of doing what I really feel called to do. You would be suprised how many people my age as well as people older say " I always wanted to be a ___________________ , but it never worked out for me to do it". I wanted to _________ but never had the time or money. I thought the same thing! I never saw myself going back to school, only to get out and have all of the worst shifts and be at the bottom of the ladder, but this is my path. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

This isn't just for people that have a desire to make a carreer change or go back to school. As we approach the halfway mark to a year (what were my resolution again?) I think about my goals am I on the way to them? I am. Sure some of the goals have changed, some have been accomplished, but every morning as I am drying my hair I look at them and think about how I am going to accomplish those goals, what do I need to do today, tommorrow, next week, next month, next year. If you don't have something to aim for then you will never make it!

I am not saying that I have all of the answers or that I have figured out life, but this song has become an inspiration for me and maybe it will inspire you!

GO TO THIS LINK!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R3K0sqgfvM&NR=1

No comments:

Post a Comment