Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday = Selfreflection =

Since starting school I have learned a tremendous amount of knowledge. I can teach patients how to prevent diabetes, how to clean a trach, and techniques to reduce pain (this is just a few things that I have learned!). The biggest thing I have learned in nursing school though is that alot of illnesses and injuries can be prevented. I mean come on people buckle up, wear a helmet, get up off your behind and go for a walk, eating 5 bags of potatoe chips in a day is not good for you etc. etc. I don't understand what is so hard about this...why don't you get it?
Then I look at my own life and realize I too have lots of self control issues. The other night I ate a burger and fries at Triangle...which by the way was amazing!...I mean come on Bee it cannot be good for you to eat that late! I go for a run and when Pandora stops working decide to cut my run a mile short...come on running before the invention of headphones is unheard of! I let annie pretty much do whatever she wants and even make excuses for her when she misbehaves. I am often messy and can let clean laundry go days before I fold it and put it away. I eat unhealthy food out becuase I would rather ______________ than go to the grocery store.
So the question is how am I supposed to teach patients how to change their behaviors when I myself have little self control? So that is going to be what I am going to work on for the next day, week, month, forever. Is being more intentional and discipined about pretty much every area of my life.

Titus 1:8 ESV
But hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined.

2 Timothy 1:7 ESV
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

I am starting at this very moment...putting down the blog and trying to go to sleep before 10pm so I can wake up at 5:45 am for work.




No comments:

Post a Comment