Monday, July 23, 2012

My whole new thing...finishing a thing!

I am always loving to try new things...not just trying them but becoming semi-good at them. Baking, pottery, tennis, being glutten free. It is fun for a while. I will go out and get some fun kitchen gadgets, a new cute workout outfit, read as much on the internet as possible to become an "expert". But then it fades. The golf clubs in the garage take up space and remind me that often times i am not the best at following through with things. That is one of my biggest flaws I think...not sticking with something. Is it that I haven't found "my thing" or is it soemthing else? A few years ago I began training for a half marathon. And I did it but the last 6 weeks or so my desire to train started to fizzle. I would get bored and lonely on long runs. I was doing it just to be able to say I finished something. The race was pretty anti climactic. My ipod died about 3 miles in, the sun was blazing down on me, my hips were so tight every step was painful. As I crossed the finish I thought thank GOD it is over! I am not going to run EVER AGAIN! I of course started running again but have still never felt that runners high. My pace has yet to improve. So why in the world would I want to train for another 1/2 marathon?! I registered for the Savannah half marathon today. November 3rd, 2012 I am going to finish strong. "... run with patience the race that is set before us ..." Heb. 12:1-3

1 comment: