Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day

As many of you know I am applying to nursing school. I hope to start in the fall on my next chapter of life. I had to apply and get letters of recommendation, transcripts, and write essays. I thought that I could sit back and relax waiting to receive word on school. It has been far from that!

As a little girl I loved little women and was always so torn waiting for them to get their requests from suitors. In the old movies letters are delayed and women's lives are forever changed because they never knew that the man they loved, loved them back. I have become one of those women!

I harass Ashley and Fran to see if they have checked the mail and if anything is for me. I count down the days since I applied, since they say they will let you know within a month. I was thrilled with the snow but then realized that my letter may become delayed because of it. Now President's Day! Why do we celebrate president's day? In all my free time that I have not spent getting the mail I researched. Presidents' Day is celebrated in February to honor two of our greatest presidents, Abraham Lincoln and George Washington. The holiday is celebrated in the United States on the third Monday in February.

I love what our forefathers have given us! But it pains me to have one more day for the mail to get delayed and one more day of waiting to see if I will be able to start school in the fall. I love my blackberry, texting, and chatting on all sorts of different sites....but now I wait....

When we were children president's day meant no school, now I have to work, and wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment